Our Current Projects
Campaign "Aid for Ninevites"
Recently, there has been a rise of terror attacks in Iraq. In a series of blasts, more than 100 lives were lost in just one day. Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) with links to AL-Qaeda has reported that they are re-organized and stronger than ever.
Amidst all these explosions and uncertainty, the Iraqi Christians who had fled for their lives to Syria, once again are faced with forced migration. This time out of Syria, back to dangers of Iraq.
There was a plea for help announced by the President of the Assyrian Aid Society of Iraq, Mr. Ashur Eskrya, informing us that 4000 to 5000 Christian families are expected to return to Iraq.
These families need our financial help. They need food and shelter.
We ask you to pray for their safety and wellbeing. We also ask for your generosity.
In partnership with St. Catherine of Siena Dominican Order in Northern Iraq, we plan to empower Iraqi Christian widows by creating self sustainability opportunities.
There are approximately 1000 widows who are in danger of losing their children to orphanages because they are unable to support their families.
You can save a mother who has lost her husband to Islamist Terrorism from losing her children to poverty. Please click the Paypal icon to donate.
You do not have to be registered with Paypal to be able to make a donation. Follow the below steps to donate if you do not have a Paypal account:
- Click the Paypal icon on this page.
- Find "Don't have a Paypal account" in the middle of the page.
- Click the Continue link
- Enter the appropriate information
- After you have completed the required field, please click the Review donation and continue tab.
Every single dollar makes a difference in the lives of those who have suffered so much without denouncing their Christian faith.
Our Past Projects and Aid Programs
Iraqi Christian Relief Council has been serving the Iraqi Christian (Assyrians also known as Chaldeans and Syriacs) community in Iraq and in the United States since 2007.
In 2011, ICR Council donated $4,494.36 to the refugees families in Illinois and Arizona. Please read a few of the Thank You letters sent to us on the 'Thank You Letters to ICR Council' tab on the left hand menu.
In addition to above projects, ICR Council has:
- Helped find employment for dozens of refugees
- Helped find day care facilities for children
- Helped with supporting children with their education
- Has helped find furniture and household items for their first residence in America
- Helped with transportation cost when refugee families moved
- Has raised gift cards and toys donated to families for Christmas holidays
- Has helped with insurance cost
- Has helped families in paying their rent
- Has helped find senior living for seniors with ailments